-
March 27th, 2002, 01:52 PM
#1
Inactive Member
I had a heated conversation with my sister who seems to think they are emo. Her evidence: Apparently on the new now cd sleeve it describes them as being "emo". Could someone please clear this up.
Thank you for your time.
------------------
Luke Craven
-
March 27th, 2002, 01:59 PM
#2
Inactive Member
tell your sister not to be so fucking stupid.
------------------
http://communities.msn.co.uk/TheDJAntsCult
-
March 27th, 2002, 02:09 PM
#3
Inactive Member
Thats what i thought, they surely can not be emo, if they aren't emo what music genre do they fit into?
------------------
Luke Craven
-
March 27th, 2002, 02:21 PM
#4
Inactive Member
-
March 27th, 2002, 02:21 PM
#5
Inactive Member
I would put them in the genre, practically invented by Creed, of "Yuppie Rock". It's modern rock music with a pop edge that middle aged people like to listen to, or find acceptable.
------------------
"I have a microwave fireplace in my house...The other night
I laid down in front of the fire for the evening in two
minutes."
AL
-
March 27th, 2002, 02:26 PM
#6
Inactive Member
Or Pearl Jam for short
------------------
http://communities.msn.co.uk/TheDJAntsCult
-
March 27th, 2002, 03:58 PM
#7
Inactive Member
Elaborating on what Freak-AL-Chu said, they are post-grunge, an Adult Alternative band. It's rock aimed at the middle aged market, because of it's mature (mature as in actual mature, not sleazey matured) nature.
Other similar bands with the same Adult-Alternative tag would be Eels (old Novacaine/Susan's House era Eels), Dandy Warhols etc..
------------------
This is the worst trip I've ever been on
-
March 27th, 2002, 07:47 PM
#8
Lighter Fluid
Guest
yes you silly sausages
------------------
[sarcasm]I Like Travis[sarcasm/]
-
March 27th, 2002, 07:49 PM
#9
Inactive Member
if, by emo you mean shit, then yes.
------------------
I AM TRUTH
-
March 28th, 2002, 04:04 AM
#10
Spider-Man's Surly Uncle
Guest
Have you not herad off Kerrang TV? Absolutely everyone is emo these days. On the Kerrang top 10 and Loaded, the annoying voice-over person calls practically every band emo. It's daft. So by that logic I would say that Nickleback are 100% emo.
------------------
Nuts in May, Shepherd's delay.
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules
Bookmarks